VOTER Registration information
AM I A REGISTERED VOTER?
Check if you are registered.
Register to Vote Deadline = OCTOBER 12th
October 12, 2021 – Voter Registration Deadline for General Election (21 days before election) N.J.S.A. 19:3-6
Information on Registering to Vote
- To check if you are registered, click here.
- Registration deadline is Tuesday, October 12, 2021. However, if you need to register or update your registration, you should do so right away. There are a number of steps required to assure that you records will be updated and you receive your mailed ballot on time. So, don’t delay!
- To register. You can find the registration form for Morris County here. Print it, fill it out and mail it in.
- If you don’t have a printer, You can call the County Clerk’s office, or the Municipal Clerks office and they will mail the form to you or arrange for you to pick one up.
- To register Online. You can register ONLINE to vote. (keep scrolling – more information about online registration is below)
- If you are on parole or probation, you can still register to vote. Formerly incarcerated people on parole or probation are allowed to register and vote.
Am I an Active Voter?
- An “inactive” voter is a person whose election mail, such as a sample ballot, was returned by the Post Office to the county as undeliverable, or
- A voter is tagged as “inactive” and is removed from the system if they do not vote over a span of two federal elections
- If an “inactive” voter votes in an election within the span of two federal elections, they become “active” again.
- You can check your status, if you have any questions, with Morris County Board of Elections, 10 Court St, Second Floor, Morristown, NJ 07960 – 973-285-6715
- Also see:https://elections.morriscountynj.gov/
What You Will Need:
To register online, you will need your date of birth and one of the following forms of identification:
- A current and valid Driver’s License or a non-driver Identification Card (ID card) issued by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC)
Your information will be provided to the MVC to validate identification, and to retrieve a copy of your digitized signature.
- A Social Security number
To use your social security number, you must have the ability to sign on-screen or upload your signature to complete the registration process. If you are unable to provide a digital signature, you can not register online. Click here to download the voter registration application for your county.