TRACK YOUR RETURNED BALLOT
To check the status of your mail-in ballot to make sure it was received, follow these steps:
- First, make sure you are registered to vote.
- Next, sign up for an NJ Department of Elections public access account.
- You will need to know your Voter ID number, which is located above the barcode on the back of the ballot return envelope. Be sure to make note of that number before returning your ballot. You may also use your Social Security number or driver’s license, but we understand that using your Voter ID number is easier.
- Once you’re logged in, click on the “Mail-in Ballot” button. Your entire history of mail-in voting will be listed here. If your ballot hasn’t been received yet, it won’t be listed.
- You may contact your County Clerk or Board of Elections to find out if your ballot has been received. but it’s not recommended (both will be under a lot of stress during the hectic weeks pre- and post-election). The state’s online system should be your first choice for tracking your ballot.
- Allow a week after submitting your ballot to inquire.