VOTING INFORMATION – 2021 election
Ways to Vote in the 2021 General Election
VOTING IS DIFFERENT FROM LAST YEAR
THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL MAILING OF BALLOTS.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A VOTE BY MAIL BALLOT
UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY APPLIED FOR ONE
Note: There is a lot of information below or under tab at top of page in Sub Headings “Election Info 2021” or in Navigation sub menu to the right.
Here are the 3 ways you can vote in the upcoming General Election…
1. VOTE BY MAIL BALLOT
Registered voters can apply for a vote-by-mail ballot by following the instructions found at VOTE.NJ.GOV or contacting their County Clerk. October 26 is the deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail for General Election.
Then, VOTE and RETURN your ballot one of the following ways…
- Mail: Your vote-by-mail ballot MUST be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 2 and be received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before November 8. The return envelope is preaddressed and no postage necessary.
- Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place your vote-by-mail ballot in one of thirty (30) secure ballot drop boxes in Morris County by 8:00 p.m. on November 2. (Information on locations and box security is available in the menu right or tab above). Drop box locations can be found at VOTE.NJ.GOV.
- There is a Drop Box in Washington Township. Ballots can be placed in the Morris County Elections Drop Box installed at the Washington Township Police Station.
- Board of Elections Office: Deliver your vote-by-mail ballot in person to Morris County Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on November 2 located at Administration and Records Building10 Court Street, 2nd FloorMorristown 07960. County Election Officials’ contact information can be found at VOTE.NJ.GOV.
- If you are issued a mail in ballot, you will be unable to vote on a machine, but will be provided a provisional ballot at the polling location.
- Ballots for Washington Twp voters were mailed by the Morris County Clerk on October 18th. SO, THEY SHOULD BE IN YOUR MAILBOX BY NOW. If you haven’t received your ballot then please contact the Morris County Clerk’s Office -973-285-6120 or email@example.com.
2. IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING
This new option enables all registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during a nine-day period prior to Election Day. You can now choose to vote, in person, when it’s most convenient for your schedule.
There are 7 early voting locations in Morris County. (Information on locations is available in the menu right or tab above).
Find your county’s locations at VOTE.NJ.GOV.
In-person early voting locations will be open Saturday, October 23 through Sunday, October 31. Hours will be Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
No appointment is necessary. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities.
3. AT YOUR POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY
Vote in person on voting machines at your polling place, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 2.
Please note that some polling locations have been changed in Washington Township. The sample Ballot mailed to you will indicate your polling location or check list here. If you do not remember which District you live in use the search tool here.
Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities.
NOTE: Your Vote-By-Mail ballot CANNOT be returned to your In-Person Early Voting Poll Location or your Election Day Poll Location.
For information see: Department of State, Division of Elections – New Jersey 2021 Voter Information Portal at https://nj.gov/state/elections/vote.shtml and Morris County Clerk – Elections at: https://www.morriscountynj.gov/Government/Voting-and-Elections